Saturday, 5 September 2026

The 2026 Holiday in Spain & Portugal 12

 

We went to a place called “Viana do Castelo”,

a port city north from where we are staying.

We also wanted to charge the car.


この日は我々が滞在しているところより

北にある海辺の街「ヴィアナ・ド・カステロ」に

行くことにした。

同時に車も充電するつもりである。


I drove to Viana—

my first driving experience in Portugal.

Apple Map let me down (again)

by choosing a very narrow and winding route😢


私が運転した。

ポルトガルでの初運転である。

Apple Mapは狭くてクネクネした

ルートを何故か選択し

またまたガッカリさせられた😢


We parked at a multistory car park

with EV chargers.

We plugged in and started sightseeing.


充電器付きの立体駐車場に駐車し、

車を充電器に繋げて

観光に出かけた。


Sanctuary of the Sacred Heart

(Sanctuary of Saint Lucy) on the mountain.


山の上にあるサンタ・ルジア教会。

It’s a lovely seaside town

with beautiful buildings.

I liked it a lot.

I was beginning to enjoy sightseeing

when my husband checked the EV app

and discovered it wasn’t charging.


いい感じの海辺の街だという印象を持った。

古い建物も多く遠くに大きな聖堂も見えた。

色々散策したいと思い始めていた時に、

夫がEVのアプリをチェックしたら

充電されていないと言い出した。

We went back to the car

and drove to a BP garage with a fast charger.

Then we decided to have a picnic lunch nearby.


観光はやめて車に戻り、

EV充電器のあるBPのガソリンスタンドで

充電した。

充電中に近くでピクニックの

昼食を取ることにした。


Houses with lovely tiles

I saw while having lunch.


昼食を取りながら眺めた

タイルが印象的な家。

After the battery was filled,

as the garage was halfway

to Sanctuary of Saint Lucy.


バッテリー充電が終わったので

既に割と近くまで来ていたので

山の上にあるサンタ・ルジア教会に

行ってみることに決定。


It was very impressive.

見事な建物だった。






No comments:

Post a Comment

The 2026 Holiday in Spain & Portugal 19

  We had to go to the port in Bilbao quite early in the morning. We just had breakfast and left. The hotel kindly let us eat breakfast with ...